- Modify birth class curriculum to address maternal mental health disorders, symptoms, risk factors, and prevention tips.
- Provided resource information at discharge, including any local support groups and treatment providers.
- Work to protect sleep during the times surrounding delivery.
- Train all staff who interact with pregnant and new moms on signs and symptoms of trauma and maternal anxiety and depression.
- Consider implementing the MedEd PPD care pathways algorithm: http://www.healthykent.org/infanthealth/Perinatal%20Mood%20Disorders/PMD%20Resource%20Manual/CarePathwaysAlgorithm.pdf