- The PSI perinatal psychiatric consultation line is a service provided at no cost.
- The consultation line is available for medical professionals who are prescribers and have questions about the mental health care related to pregnant and postpartum patients and pre-conception planning. This consultation service is available for medical providers only.
- The Perinatal Psychiatric Consult Line is staffed by experts in the field of psychiatry who are members of PSI and specialists in the treatment of perinatal mental health disorders. The service is free and available by appointment.
- Call 1-877-499-4773 and you will be connected with a perinatal psychiatrist within 24 hours who can provide advice on diagnosis, treatment, and medication management for preconception and pregnant and postpartum women.
- Virtual rounds serve as an opportunity for us to engage and build further connections with women’s mental health providers across the United States and the world
- Our panelists include Dr. Lee S. Cohen, Dr. Marlene Freeman, alternating faculty from the CWMH, and colleagues across the country. Attendees have ranged from specialists in reproductive psychiatry to clinical social workers to researchers and to trainees. We field questions and clinical cases, and share resources to guide decision-making and patient care.
- The webinar is hosted via Zoom. Participants need register only once at this form to receive an invitation to the full webinar series. We suggest that registrants create a recurring calendar reminder for themselves with the invitation link, although Zoom also sends reminders 1 day and 1 hour prior to the webinar.
- If you have a question or case you would like to have considered for discussion during rounds, you are welcome to email it to [email protected]
- Virtual Rounds are held from 2-3pm EST on Wednesdays.
For medication and compatibility with pregnancy and lactation:
- Specialists provide answers to questions about the chance for birth defects and other negative outcomes from medications and other exposures during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- We answer questions in English and Spanish
- Call 1-800-822-2229 or text 855-999-3525
- Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm, Closed on state and federal holidays
InfantRisk Center is a world-wide call center presently in the Texas Tech University Health Scienter Center, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, in Amarillo
- The InfantRisk Center is used by physicians, nurses, lactation consultants, and mothers in every part of the world. Virtually all calls are about multiple drugs, averaging 3-4 individual drugs. We do our best to help moms, lactation consultants, and doctors evaluate the risk to the infant from exposure to multiple drugs, and keep the mom breastfeeding.
- Call 1-806-352-2519
- Monday to Friday 8 am to 3 pm CST
- There is also InfantRisk App for Healthcare Professionals